Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2019 7:23 pm  #1

***Attention Google Chrome Users ***

Stop What You're Doing and Update Google Chrome

Google Chrome Security and Desktop Engineering Lead Justin Schuh says users should install the latest version of the browser – 72.0.3626.121 – right away.

Google is urging Chrome users to update the web browser right away to patch a zero-day vulnerability that is being actively exploited.

In a Tuesday tweet, Google Chrome Security and Desktop Engineering Lead Justin Schuh said users should install the latest version of the browser—72.0.3626.121—right away.

"Seriously, update your Chrome installs... like right this minute," he wrote.

Google started rolling out the patch for Chrome on Windows, Mac, and Linux on Friday. This week, Google revealed that the update corrects a "high" severity flaw—CVE-2019-5786—that has been under attack by cybercriminals.

"Google is aware of reports that an exploit for CVE-2019-5786 exists in the wild," the web giant said.

For the most part, Chrome updates are automatic, meaning you don't have to do much beyond opening and closing the browser window.
In this case, you should manually trigger the update to ensure that you're on the latest version as soon as possible.

How to Update Chrome on Desktop
If you don't close Chrome, updates will not be applied.
You can tell when Chrome has an update because a yellow icon will appear in the top-right corner of the browser.
Eventually that icon will turn red if you don't restart Chrome, signifying that your instance is now out of date.
If you have an update pending, click that icon in the right-hand corner. Chrome will either tell you that it's up to date or urge you to "relaunch" the browser.

3/09/2019 2:52 pm  #2

Re: ***Attention Google Chrome Users ***

Thanks Candilina   I'm happy to say I'm up to date.

3/12/2019 12:13 pm  #3

You are welcome Slewfoot... and Thank you for your response. 

3/17/2019 4:12 pm  #4

Candi -- I didn't respond because I don't have Google Chrome.  Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you or being rude.

Men tend to fall into two categories - those who are dying every time they sneeze and those who are in total denial - not sure which is worse!     

3/21/2019 11:11 pm  #5

Thank you, newto.  Appreciate it. 

I was fairly certain you didn't use Google Chrome as your browser, so really did not expect you to respond.  So I certainly did not think you were being rude.

Thanks again for the acknowledgement and for the hugs.  Sending warm hugs back to you, my friend.

Board footera