Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2013 8:33 pm  #1

Suggestions For Game Sites With Newer Games

I thought that I would start a thread in the forum since no one else has done so.  I don't have any suggestions to add but I hope that this will get the ball rolling.

8/13/2013 10:00 pm  #2

Re: Suggestions For Game Sites With Newer Games

Well, BFG kind of has a monopoly on new, but iWin eventually gets them. GameHouse also has exclusives, and usually gets games pretty fast if BFG doesn't have an exclusive. You can also google the game, and find out who the Dev is, and some of them sell the games themselves for around the same price as BFG. Artifex sells their own games, and so does Awem.

8/13/2013 10:18 pm  #3

I like your avatar Shadow

8/14/2013 6:19 am  #4

Big fish is still awaiting Royal Rnvoy 3.

I didn't wait after waiting so long for RE 2 but now customer loyalty may fade, poerhaps some should give it a try.

I am not a dumb blonde, my hair is dyed. I am just dumb

8/14/2013 9:10 am  #5

Their TGT  is Finders . Looks like a kind of Adelantado/ All My Gods type of game. I will get it on Monday with a pcc. The DD is Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love. 

On the Mac side they got Strange Discoveries -Aurora Peak for TGT and Hidden Mysteries ; Salem Secrets for the DD. 

Gamehouse has an exclusive game - Haunted House Mysteries. I assume that means only they have it right now. 

8/15/2013 6:51 pm  #6

Echoes of the Past ; The Kingdom of Despair CE is out today. I have the others. For the life of me I can't remember what they were about. 

8/16/2013 4:27 am  #7

Govols2 wrote:

Their TGT  is Finders . Looks like a kind of Adelantado/ All My Gods type of game. I will get it on Monday with a pcc. The DD is Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love. 

On the Mac side they got Strange Discoveries -Aurora Peak for TGT and Hidden Mysteries ; Salem Secrets for the DD. 

Gamehouse has an exclusive game - Haunted House Mysteries. I assume that means only they have it right now. 

I played 45 mins of finders and quite enjoyed it.

I would buy it with a PCC, but i don't have any & I am unlikely to earn any more

I have not cancelled my membership yet.
 I Have 1 game club credit & will wait for it to be 2, just incase, JUST INCASE a seriously must buy have now gane is released.

TBH, I don't mind storing up my monthly credits, not if I can use them to buy games cheeply, like last years Nutcracker,

But hell, if they think I will buy any extra's from them now, just to earn a PCC

8/19/2013 12:21 pm  #8

Gamehouse has several games that haven't appeared elsewhere yet.  They are also improving the Mac side with Unlimited for Mac.  I've been considering joining that for awhile. 

8/20/2013 7:37 am  #9

So is gamehouse worth it?

Normally I'll demo, buy and then it gets stored in never never land.

Some games I love to own, but others ????? Not sure.

What do youo all think?

8/20/2013 11:18 am  #10

Jojo the joyful wrote:

So is gamehouse worth it?

Normally I'll demo, buy and then it gets stored in never never land.

Some games I love to own, but others ????? Not sure.

What do youo all think?

I've been considering their unlimited for awhile.  If you pay for a year, it's a pretty good deal....last I looked it was $99 for a year.  The only problem is that when you quit membership you have no games. For some games, that's fine.  I rarely ever replay HO games.  

I had a Shockwave Unlimited for a year or so.  I really liked it, played a lot of games, and rarely bought games.  But I have been replaying TM/Builder games recently and regret that I can't replay some of those that I played on Shockwave (the Island Tribe games).  I also liked it because it was not Streaming, you actually downloaded the games.

So, I'm rather on the fence right now.  Gamehouse has Mac Unlimited which is the only place I've found a Mac-friendly environment.  That is what tugs me in that direction, but I'm not ready to commit for a year.  When I get some free time, I'll have to take the trial.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

Board footera