Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2015 3:10 pm  #31

Re: Dear Guests......

Nope, no more important to me than to anyone else.

I just wished to express my thoughts on this. Thought it could be an explanation for the "guest" part.
I am sorry if I stepped on any toes, that was truly not my intension.
....I have been wanting to express my food for thought since this thread started but it's first today I've had the time to do so.

Good luck and I wish all newbies welcome to these wonderful friends.

Goodnight dear friends 
It's 10 pm and the skies are still blue because the sun is still up

Dear hdnobjgamluvr,
Love your Shitcago...LOL. It gave me a good laugh the first time I saw it.
I've never been there, but I have been to Chicago many times. Love that city.

6/11/2015 6:36 am  #32

I am seeing similar discussions on another game forum where we have members who joined and have never posted since.  It is nice to encourage them to post; however, there are those who just come on to read and never make any comments.  There are also those who join and never come back, even to read.

I'm also on a huge reality show forum with 5000 members and we have similar issues.  There was a suggestion that volunteers contact those who joined and then disappeared.  It is an involved task sending e-mails to those folks.  Nothing has ever been done despite some of us volunteering to help. 

Then there are those who join, post for a while, and then just disappear for one reason or another.  It is a conundrum - nobody can kick them off and really, nobody knows what to do. I don't have the answer, but maybe somebody does.........

Men tend to fall into two categories - those who are dying every time they sneeze and those who are in total denial - not sure which is worse!     

6/11/2015 8:30 am  #33

Hiya Newto  How are you?

This thread has gotten way off track.  I started it only to encourage the guests who were lurking, to join us in conversation, or even word games.  When there are 10 + guests showing, and only a couple of posters, that means someone is watching. No, they can't see much, but just trying to encourage participation.  I don't know why this has become such a big deal.  Some folks just need a little encouragement if they are new to this sort of thing. I know I did, and I know of several others.  Just trying to send out a welcome.

ETA, I also tried to tell the Guests that we were a friendly bunch and don't bite......but the discussion that has occurred recently is sending the opposite message..  I would appreciate if we could just stick to the original intent of this thread......to encourage more people to join in friendly conversation.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by hdnobjgamluvr (6/11/2015 8:35 am)

6/11/2015 8:36 am  #34

Hello guests, come on in and join us. 

6/11/2015 8:52 am  #35

Hi Norma

Hiya Guests

6/11/2015 10:31 am  #36

Drop by Plurkers2 thread....would love to have you.......

Last edited by hdnobjgamluvr (6/11/2015 10:55 am)

6/11/2015 11:05 am  #37

I second that, we'd be delighted to have you join us. 

6/11/2015 1:25 pm  #38

hdnobjgamluvr wrote:

Hiya Newto  How are you?

This thread has gotten way off track.  I started it only to encourage the guests who were lurking, to join us in conversation, or even word games.  When there are 10 + guests showing, and only a couple of posters, that means someone is watching. No, they can't see much, but just trying to encourage participation.  I don't know why this has become such a big deal.  Some folks just need a little encouragement if they are new to this sort of thing. I know I did, and I know of several others.  Just trying to send out a welcome.

ETA, I also tried to tell the Guests that we were a friendly bunch and don't bite......but the discussion that has occurred recently is sending the opposite message..  I would appreciate if we could just stick to the original intent of this thread......to encourage more people to join in friendly conversation.

Thanks everyone

The ETA part is telling us we are not allowed a friendly opionion.

6/11/2015 1:32 pm  #39

I disagree Sandra, the whole idea of this thread is not about anyone's opinion, it is purely and simply to say hello to and welcome new guest. 

Last edited by norkat (6/11/2015 1:51 pm)

6/11/2015 1:34 pm  #40

Hello Guests,
We would be very pleased if you would like to come in and say hello in Plurkers 2 

Board footera