Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2014 1:09 am  #61

Re: What are you playing?

I just finished Revived Legends: Road of the Kings.  I enjoyed it because it was bright and colorful, and the graphics were very nice in the HO scenes.  Light fairy tale story, I liked the jump map which indicated where there were tasks to be performed.  The puzzles were quite easy to solve so no frustration. It was quite a reasonable length and had lots of locations.  It was a nice game.

Next I will play Mystery Case Files: Fates Carnival CE.  I'm looking forward to it.

I tried the demo for Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster CE.  I didn't like the looks of it right from the start.  The graphics did not appeal to me at all, it's rather dark and fuzzy.  It's by Meridian 93.  They did Magic Life, and Enigma Agency: the Case of Shadows.  Didn't buy those and won't be buying this new one either.

I don't mind dark scenes if it's done properly, eg. Lost Lands: Dark Overlord starts out very dark but the graphics are super sharp and I liked what I played of the demo.  I found it very interesting.

3/18/2014 11:47 pm  #62

Is anybody else trying to play Hospital Manager and experiencing constant crashes?    Great game if it would stop crashing.

3/19/2014 6:16 pm  #63

Hi Coors, is that a TM game because it is not familiar to me....must be a new game, or else an old one?

I demoed Emberwing: Lost Legacy CE by Boomzap.  It is a beautiful game, all fantasy, and I really like what I played of it.  However, I won't be getting the CE, just the SE, because I don't think the SG is needed.  It has a great jump map which indicates where a task needs to be done.  

I also like Dark Dimensions: Somber Song.  I have all the others in the series so will add this one as well, but only getting the SE.  It has nice graphics and the game was interesting.  Not buying now of course, only during a BOGO sale.

ETA:  tried more of Somber Song and somehow I've changed my mind, too much winter scene and getting tired of the series I guess.  

Last edited by barregar (3/25/2014 12:27 pm)

3/25/2014 12:43 pm  #64

I tried the demo for Gardens Inc 2: Road to Fame.  I loved the first Gardens Inc when I played it and I love this one too, so it is a definite buy.  The graphics are so colorful. I like this TM game because there is the bonus quest that you can achieve which is the little note at the bottom.  There are also lots of achievements to gain, and an area where you can buy stuff to decorate your place.  

I tried Final Cut: Homage CE and I like it too.  I have all the Final Cut games and enjoyed them all.  I like when the scene changes when you click a button...you know what I mean if you are familiar with the series.  The graphics are nice and the HOS are interactive.  There are the usual achievements, and collectibles are in the form of clapboards which are not easy to find.  I think there are also morphing objects because I found one without realising it when I was just clicking around.  Not sure if I will get the CE or just the SE, most probably the latter.  I don't like spending extra for the CE unless it is something really extraordinary.  I usually buy all Blue Tea games as CE because they are my fav. devs. just because of the gorgeous graphics and FROGs.

3/25/2014 12:51 pm  #65

I tried EAP: Fall of the House of Usher CE.  I do have all the others in the series but I am getting tired of it already, and also because it is an ERS game and I no longer like them.  Have to give it more thought.  Like the previous games, there is a camera and you can take snapshots of any scene that you like, and I was surprised that it was saved into My Pictures file in my pc immediately, even without buying the game.  Weird.   

3/25/2014 10:40 pm  #66

Today's new game is a M3 by PizQuake (new dev?) called The Adventures of Perseus.  I did the demo tongiht and I have to say that it does not really have beautiful graphics.  It does have a mix of different things in the gameplay, you start out with swap mode, then later it changes to chain mode, then in another level it changes to group mode.  There are mini games in between.

When the boards first appear in all levels, there is a section that is hazy and covered in smoke, but as you make the matches the smoke clears away.  There are power-ups which appear on the board and you just click on them to collect them....not bad.  Once it's full, you can use it.  More will appear for you to collect again, it's very generous in that respect.  You get blueprints to construct different buildings in your village, but I thought it looked awful, just my opinion..  

The gameplay is quite challenging at times with the usual locked tiles but power-ups are easily available.  I usually like M3 games but this one is not for me.  

3/26/2014 11:53 am  #67

Barre, I 've been playing the MCF Fate's Carnival for quite a while now!  Don't play it every day and it seems to be a pretty long game.  I do like it a lot though.  The puzzles are quite challenging to me so I have to admit, I have skipped a few!  

Normality is a paved road.  It's comfortable to walk on but no flowers grow on it!

3/27/2014 1:20 pm  #68

Thanks to all the free to play games I am spending less on games. I have gotten 10 SE's this year and got all with a code. Got 1 CE and used GCC's for that. Still have 4 CE's to play though. Just no time to get to it. 

3/27/2014 1:27 pm  #69

Hi Govs, I know what you mean.  I'm playing my FTPs every day, especially love Midnight Castle now since they improved the airship thingy.  I also like having more places to discover like the HO scenes in the pirate area.  Working towards getting a new avatar by getting the achievements to do so.  

I'm also playing ART every day and finding it a little slow now, with only 1 quest a day, but it's okay.  Not playing AK all that much, only go in once in a while and always surprised when I see that my energy has maxed to the full.

3/27/2014 1:31 pm  #70

I gave up on AK. I still play ART but have the daily quest and still working on another one now and then. Waiting for energy to fill up. Takes forever since I have close to 2000 in energy max. Working on getting up enough of each of the mini games stuff so I can play through them all at once. I copied the list that Tira did of the ones that give collectibles so only play that. I haven't opened the pirate section in MC yet. Not enough money. Of course two of my current quests need those areas though.

Board footera