Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/02/2013 9:21 pm  #51

Re: What are you playing?

Just finished the latest in the Haunted Halls series. It got mostly terrible reviews but that was because everyone said it wasn't logical. Once you accepted that fact it was a lot of fun. Completely out there but still fun. Pretty sure there will be another one. 

12/03/2013 10:36 am  #52

Finished the main game of Cursery: The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat. It was ok. I love FROGS and there is soo few of them. I like their Dark Parable ones better but this was ok.  Still have to play the bonus. 

12/05/2013 2:06 pm  #53

Tried TGT Christmas Stories : A Christmas Carol. Very pretty game by Elephant Games. Lots of snow so you might not want to play it if you are already cold. Basically same story except you are helping the ghosts change your Uncle Scrooges past apparently while he sleeps through it. Collect penguins and there are achievements. Cursor moved a little sluggish and can't remember if there was an option to use system cursor or not. Not sure if it is worth a CE though. Unless they have a BOGO I may wait for the SE. It will probably be out after Christmas though. 

12/18/2013 11:15 pm  #54

Finished Island Tribe 5 tonight. Played timed and I think I only came close to not getting gold on a couple of levels. Seems a bit easier than the others and fortunately very few of those ones where you have to keep the fire lit. 

12/19/2013 8:04 pm  #55

Wow, Govs, Congrats!!!  you really finished a lot of games.  
I decided to get the SE for the Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol game since the CE did not impress me.  I'm also going to get Island Tribe 5 because I love the series...probably on Monday for the BP. 

Hey, I finally started playing my very first FTP game, Awakening Kingdoms.  It looked so lovely and once I started playing, I was hooked!!  It's quite fun and I intend to play it a little at a time and spend no money on it.  Once I unlock the Friend mode, can I request you to be my friend?  
My code is 598003, name is Barre.  (love my number, makes me feel like secret agent 003, not 007)

12/20/2013 12:53 am  #56

Barre, absolutely add me. Don't remember my code off hand but I did post it in the forums at big fish

3/02/2014 8:29 pm  #57

I finished Cursery: The Crooked Man and The Crooked Cat CE yesterday.  I liked the main game because I love the beautiful graphics in all Blue Tea games.  That's why I buy all their CEs.  However, I was not too happy with the bonus chapter.  There wasn't much story to it, just puzzle after puzzle, HO scene after HO scene.  It got boring after a while and I couldn't wait to finish it.   I did buy their latest Dark Parables: Jack and the Sky Kingdom CE.  Will play it later on. 

The next game I'm going to play is Revived Legends: Road of the Kings.  I am also playing a TM game, Northern Tale 2, which is my in-between game when I want a break from playing HOGs.

Luckiily I did not lose any punches in the Bonus Punch fiasco last Monday.  I am not happy that our pccs don't get any punches on a card except when we use it on BP Mondays.  I still have some pccs to be used.  I have been thinking of cancelling my membership in BF but I've never bought games from anywhere else but there.  Maybe I should quit buying altogether since I have way too many games in my inventory.

3/03/2014 6:47 pm  #58

I tried the TGT Atlantic Quest 2: The New Adventures, which is a M3 by Rokapublish.  I really enjoyed the demo.  There are 5 chapters, I'm only in the first chapter.  It has a fish theme and right at the beginning, the Clownfish talks to you.  I immediately thought of Pep.  She goes around trying to find her buddies.  After playing a few levels there is a HO scene, then you continue with a few more levels, then another scene where something needs to be done.

I love this game because all through it I am thinking of Pep.  The music is nice and gameplay is smooth.  The clownfish is the first power-up, followed by the shark, octopus, crab, seahorse, and blowfish.  Blowfish reminds me of Synth, the M3 champ of this forum  I like the power-ups, they are all different.  Clownfish has laser eyes shooting a beam at whatever tile you want to smash.  There are also trophies to be earned, Bronze, Silver, or Gold, with lots in each category.  The timer counts up not down, so basically you won't run out of time, you just don't get 3 stars if you take too long to finish the level.  If you want, you can replay any level to get the stars.  It's either 1, 2 or 3 stars.  I think that's how it is, don't know for sure because I always managed to get 3 stars in the demo.

I am definitely getting this game because I love all M3 games.  I recently finished The Far Kingdoms and Rebuild The European Uniion (enjoyed that one, very challenging).  I still have Undiscovered to play.  I am putting Atlantic Quest 2 in my Wishlist to buy during a BOGO sale....I never buy unless there is a BOGO.

ETA:  I played the demo until it timed out.  As the levels progress, it gets more complicated with chains blocking the tiles which you have to clear.  I came across lava tiles and if you don't clear them quickly, they multiply. That was fun.  The music was relaxing.  when you clear a level, that music was so familiar and finally I remembered where I heard  it.....same ending music as the one in Zombie Solitaire.

Last edited by barregar (3/05/2014 1:32 am)

3/04/2014 9:23 pm  #59

Today I did demos for some games, as well as the TGT Viking Saga: New World.  It is by Realore, my fav. dev. for TM games.  I never played the first Viking Saga but I like this one.  It's a little like Northern Tale since it's about vikings.  This time you have to build huts which give you silver, and you collect them to use for other tasks.  I won't elaborate too much because I'm not really a very good reviewer.  One difference from Northern Tale is you have empty plot of land where you choose to build the huts or other buildings which open up as you progress in the game.  I usually play Relaxed mode because it's less stressful.  This game goes into my Wishlist.

I also tried the soft release, Hello Venice 2: New York Adventures.  Again I didn't buy the first one.  I played until it timed out, guess I was having fun.  It is very bright and colorful.  I'm sure everyone is familiar with the gameplay.  I like seeing the flowers appear when the water touches them....earn gems and use it in the store to buy flowers, etc to decorate your own garden.  I like it so this one also goes into my Wishlist.

Next I tried Fable of Dwarfs, a TM game.  I didn't like this one that much.  It is very similar to Royal Envoy type of gameplay.  I don't like it as much as those which are like ROR.  I have Royal Envoy CE and finished it, but I never finished Royal Envoy 2 CE.  Neither did I buy the 3rd in the series.  Guess I'm not too good at it because of the timer.

I was going to try Demigods which looked good but read that it had a lot of glitches so I didn't bother to download.  If anyone has the game, can you tell me if it's any good and did it work for you?  The story seems interesting. 

3/07/2014 12:49 pm  #60

I tried the demo for Riddles of Fate: Into Oblivion CE by Elephant Games.  It's about the 7 deadly sins and that is interesting.  I have read all the negative remarks in the forum about this game.  However, I like it from what I have played of the demo.  I like the graphics and I don't mind that the puzzles are easy....I prefer easy rather than frustrating.  I will only get the SE for this one, it's not worth the CE price to me.

Board footera