Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2014 10:52 pm  #161

Re: What are you playing?

Barre, I agree that there are lots of flashing lights in the new Amaranthine Voyage.  They didn't seem to bother me as much as those in a beta I played a while back.  Those were absolutely too much!

Govs,  I liked the new Hidden Expedition, but don't think it's as good as Hope Diamond.  That one was spectacular, IMO.  I still like the first one best (Amazon).  I've been playing the Awakening FTP.  I'm just near the beginning, but I got a popup asking if I wanted to "protect my profile" and if I wanted to "sign up".  Had no idea what that meant, so just hit the X.  Do you know what that means?  Also, one of the quests is to add a friend.  I prefer to play alone and I'd like to know if I'll be penalized for not completing.  I've also tried Nightfall and have to say that I don't really like it much.  Energy is used too quickly, there are too many barriers like tornadoes or darkness and I can't stand the "spot the difference" puzzles.  I've also done several HOS multiple times each and only received money instead of quest items.  It's strange because I like all of the Poe games that I've bought, but this one is not good at all to me.

8/04/2014 3:32 pm  #162

Lady, I seem to remember that. It is just a way to backup the game. I think connect to FB kind of thing. It doesn't hurt anything to not do it so if you don't have FB just don't worry about it. I gave up on AK awhile back. Just got bored with it.

Barre, hope you are feeling better. Have you tried Crime Solitaire 2 that just came out today. I have the first one and went ahead and got this one. It is a one up one down game. Has voiceovers and it is kind of funny. Some of the levels I am having to replay to move along but you can skip after a few tries. Give it a try if you are looking for a new card game. 

8/04/2014 9:38 pm  #163

Lady, do you like the new game Lost Legends: Weeping Woman CE?  I found the graphics to be gorgeous and the game interesting.  I am leaning towards getting it but for now I'm not sure whether to get the SE or the CE.  What did you think of it?

Govs, I tried Crime Solitaire 2 and I loved it.  I just got it today with a pcc.  I did not buy the first one....didn't like it enough.  I love all solitaire games.  Did you ever get Heroes of Solitarea and if so, is it any good?  I'm thinking of getting it.  I don't think I'll get Northern Tale 4.  It seems so similar to all the others except maybe for a new underwater location. I haven't decided whether to get the latest Hidden Expedition.  I do like that Lost Legends: Weeping Woman.

8/05/2014 4:43 am  #164

Govs, thanks for the info about AK.  I thought it was something like that.  I don't do Facebook, so won't bother.  There seem to be so many quests popping up all the time.  Still haven't quite figured out the game, but I'm enjoying tha artwork.  Probably will keep at it for a while.

Barre, I did do the demo for Lost Legends, but came upon a glitch near the end so didn't even think about buying it.  I'm afraid one hiccup and I delete any game.  Just don't want to risk my computer.  I agree about the artwork.  It was beautiful.  As to CE or SE, I don't really have an opinion, but I don't remember thinking that the CE "bling" mentioned by the summary or the reviews struck me as particularly outstading.

8/05/2014 3:26 pm  #165

Wow, Emerald Tale is the most addicting game I've ever played....you just want to keep going on and on to the next level.  So glad Coors mentioned it.  Govs, you really should give this one a try.  You get to blow up things to uncover coins and gems, and also secret pathways to secret levels.  You find magic chests and get power ups and you choose which ones you want to use.  You can go back and play any level if you've missed a gem or coins.  I know I missed some gems...grrrr.  This game is just so much fun!!! 

8/07/2014 5:31 am  #166

Just finished Queens Tale; The Beast and The Nightingale.  Such a beautiful fairytale and fun game!  I still have not tried Emerald Tale cause I keep finding another HOPA to play!  LOL!  

Normality is a paved road.  It's comfortable to walk on but no flowers grow on it!

8/07/2014 7:37 pm  #167

Ok, you guys got me curious about Emerald Tale and discovered I've had it since 6/12.  Started it and got to about the 8th or 9th red gem and decided to check out the forum as I wasn't sure what I should be doing.  There's a lot of good info there and I copied and pasted some of it to keep as a reference.  According to some of them, there are 300 coins you MUST have to access the planets at the end and rescuing the princess and something about a dragon.  Lizzie K mentioned going to the data file for all the levels which is handy somewhat and I did that with a SS and posted to file in computer so could keep to reprint.  One girl apparently was on her 12th profile.

Anyway, I started another profile and barre was right, this is one of the most addictive games I have ever played.  My GK's were here today and my almost 8yr old GD started helping me and she loved it too.  They're leaving to go to Florida tomorrow for a week so told her if I finished it, we would start another with her name as the profile.  I just keep blowing stuff up till I find everything and they said if there are split levels, to be sure and go out one and then go back and finished the other exit.  Once you get the coins and whatever the first time, you really don't have to do it all again, just get to the exit.  Have no idea where I am level wise as we were just going here and there depending on where the secret levels took us.  This is the most fun I've had in a long time and it was a free game from a BOGO.  Thanks for mentioning it because I know it will be one of those go back to whenever, just for fun.  Speaking of which, I'm back to tackle some more levels.  Got the red gem tablet completed and missing some blue so gotta go find them.  Happy gaming everyone.

Last edited by teeitup46ok (8/07/2014 7:41 pm)

8/07/2014 9:20 pm  #168

Hiya tee!! Good to see you.

Well I hope ya'll are happy. Had to try it since everyone is raving about it. Now I have a dilemma. I have the credits to get it but should I get it now or wait until Monday to get an extra punch ?????? 

8/08/2014 1:05 am  #169

Hi tee, I'm so glad you're enjoying Emerald Tale.  I haven't even got my first red gem tablet completed...you're way ahead of me    I decided to start a new profile and this time I'm being very careful, I started making notes and I number the levels as I play and whether I collected all 3 coins and whatever colour gem.  That makes me slower but at least I don't miss anything.

Govs, I think you should definitely wait until Monday to get the bonus punch.  It's only a few days away.

Last edited by barregar (8/08/2014 1:08 am)

8/08/2014 7:21 am  #170

Glad you're gonna give it a shot, Govs, and I agree with barre, wait till Monday and get the extra punch 'cause if you start today, you won't want to do anything else!  I've decided today to work on some other challenges I need to get done and then pop in later this evening.

barre, I also take my time and explore everything.  I only had one pillar left on one level and when I destroyed it, there was a blue gem hiding underneath it so you never know where something is going to be.  I was worried about time spent at first but although it's nice to get the extra bonus tokens, I'd rather check it all out.  barre, this game made be think of Puzzledone and her love of The Promised Land; remember how she could play that game for hours on end and then start over again ~ can't even remember how many times she played it.  There are some levels that are so delightful that when I got to them, I told my GD to come look and she said, "That's mine, that's mine, let me play it" ~ I'm sure this will be a memory she will remember even when she gets older. 

Board footera