Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/22/2014 8:37 am  #101

Re: What are you playing?

Hi, everyone ~ long time no see Nice long post, barre, full of good info!  Interesting to see this - I tried Lost Souls: Timeless Fables CE and I love it.  I think I tried the beta of this game but initially it was called Lost Fables: Enchanted Books....guess they decided to change it. I also demo'd Lost Fables, Enchanted Books and put down A+ in my notes on the survey so was surprised I had not seen it yet.  Will definitely get it if there is a BOGO.  I've actually cancelled my membership twice, back in Sept. 13 and then re-upped when the new Madame Fate game came out in Nov.  Cancelled again after the first of the year but re-joined again for a BOGO.  I guess I'm an "addict" as I just can't resist all the new games that get 4-5 star reviews.  I have so many games but I rationalize that I don't spend money on anything else and they are such a stress reliever for me.

I've stopped playing the FTP games as they just weren't "doing" it for me anymore and I kept thinking of all the games I'd actually spent money on that were just sitting there going unplayed.  I've actually played quite a few (for me) since my last post.
The Others (4/19/14)  Enjoyed it, liked the HOS, some tricky puzzles (B-)
Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol CE (5/10/14) Beautiful, long game, enjoyed the puzzles, skipped a couple, guess I forgot to look for the penguins as I only got 20/34, liked first one better (A-)
A Wizard's Curse (5/12/14) Pretty short game but liked it.  Used WT occasionally, doable puzzles - main gripe-abrupt ending, thought I had forgot to do something but guess there may be sequel (B)
The Jolly Gangs Spooky Adventure (5/14/14) Really lame game, first one of all my games that I actually thought "what was I thinking" but got it as a DD so no biggie.  Actually deleted it from my external and I never do that. (D)
Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice (5/17/14)  Decided to play some of my older series so started with this one.  Enjoyed it, good puzzles and HOS, actually followed story, liked the shopkeeper and buying things to use in game, nice scenery (B)
Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession CE (5/20/14) Enjoyed it as much as first one, good bonus chapter, graphics were a little better, hazy treatment on some scenes which I don't mind.  Haven't played many ERS games but seem to enjoy them.  I know some people love them, some don't. (B+)
Note: I think installing one of the screensavers messed with my taskbar because it would be gone, would have to restart computer but when I came back after a while, it was gone.  So removed it finally as that was the last thing I changed on my computer and now the taskbar is back.  Weird!
Grim Facade: The Cost of Jealousy (5/20/14) prev. beta on 10/24/12 so restarted.  Enjoying it too!

This last series reminded me how much I love these games.  You just start playing and before you know it, a couple hours are gone and you don't want to quit but for me, I get sleepy, or have to go do something else but glad I've got the zest back for playing them again.  When I got my new computer (Win 7) in Sept. 12, I was worried about all my games on the old computer (Vista).  I had one external almost full so got a new one for the games on my new computer.  I hooked the two together but hadn't really played any of the old ones because of all the new games I was buying.  So the other morning, decided to try it again (I got some kind of connector with a little switch that I can switch back and forth) but have to move the external to the old computer, and use the old keyboard/mouse which I found I was too lazy to do most times; anyway, did it and finished off another old, silly game 1 Penguin 100 Cases (C).  I've always wanted to keep all my games on my computer as I was not very trusting that they would always "be there" so after getting rid of my first "dud" game decided to "dex" some of the "C" games I knew I would never play again and probably not miss.  Ok, now I'm rambling so will stop for now and check back with you'all later on.  Enjoy your games!!

5/22/2014 10:34 am  #102

Hi Tee, you can't imagine how happy I am to see you  and to read all the very interesting info about the games.  

Everything happens for a reason....I truly believe that.  I woke up early this morning and I was determined not to post about games in this forum anymore.  I have come to the conclusion that nobody here plays games anymore, except for Govs whom I know does.  It is weird because we all got to know each other from BF forums....games drew us together.  I have seen some people talk about games, very occasionally, in other threads like Plurkers or Poolies, but no one wants to discuss games in this thread.  Why?  I have no idea.  I have been carrying on a conversation with myself when I talk about my demos, reviews of games finished, what I'm playing, what games are coming out on BF, etc.  

I decided today that I was going to say Farewell to games talk, and lo and behold, I see your wonderful long post, all game related.  

I will comment later on your post once I've digested all the info.  For now I am happy that there is someone who reads my comments and bothers to post their views on games.  I find it so interesting to read what others are playing and to get some tips.  

I hope anyone who is not a regular in the other threads but who plays their games and would like to chat about it, to please come in here.  You are all welcome and I would love to chat with you about games.  It's no fun chatting by myself.  I might not bother to do it anymore......but for today I'm happy.   Thank you so much, Tee 

Last edited by barregar (5/22/2014 10:35 am)

5/22/2014 11:04 am  #103

(((((Tee))))) good to see you. You have been busy! 

Barre, did you say you got The Beardless Wizard or it was on your wishlist ? I have played a bit. Not really sure I know what I am doing and keep thinking I am missing something but probably not.  I like it though and it has a decent storyline for a TM.  Can't remember if it has an untimed mode or not. 

Playing Legends of Solitaire now and then. Not in a hurry with it. Have yet to get a perfect though. Really hope that is not one of the level requirements . 

5/22/2014 10:49 pm  #104

Govs, I haven't bought The Beardless Wizard yet.  I have too many TM games in my stash.  Will only get it later on.  I think it has an untimed mode or else I won't get it.  Waiting to see if you like the game and say nice things about it.   I hope you'll let me know once you finish it.

I haven't really found it difficult to get perfect in Legends of Solitaire.  You will come across levels where you are required to get a certain number of stars, eg 8 stars, but you can accumulate them while playing the 10 levels in a stage.

5/22/2014 11:04 pm  #105

Tee, I was actually thinking of cancelling my membership....but I'm an addict too so I may just change my mind.  I always can't resist a BOGO sale and I usually only buy during that time.  Perhaps this weekend being Memorial Day Weekend we will get a BOGO?  

Of all the games that you have finished, I have only played the Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol CE.  I don't have the rest of the other games except for Mystery of Venice.  I am tired of ERS games and don't buy them anymore.  They all look the same to me.  I'm glad that you enjoy them.
I don't think you are rambling at all.  You can ramble away all you want, as far as I'm concerned.

5/23/2014 7:02 am  #106

Barre, you got your wish!!!  I just looked and BFG is having a BOGO this Memorial Day weekend.  I can't tell, though, if it is "retail" price or "member price".  It may be both but the example they show, it's 50% off of $19.99 but they did mention, GCC's work so I'm thinking it is for members as well as non-members.  I won't buy until Monday anyway so I can take advantage of BPM so have time to check around FB and the forums for confirmation.  Definitely getting the Lost Souls: Timeless Fables CE and will have to check to see what other games I can't live without.

5/24/2014 7:52 pm  #107

Tee, yes!!! It's a BOGO and I'm also going to buy on Monday.  I'm sure it's 50% off for members too. May only get a few because I only have 1 gcc, then use a few pccs.   Not sure if I want to get Lost Souls CE because people have said it's not worth it just for the extra bonus level which is a short one, the last book Titanic, but yet I'm curious.  I may get Nightmares From The Deep: Davy Jones and Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond, also Origins: Elders of Time.

6/03/2014 12:20 am  #108

I finished Whispered Secrets: Into The Beyond on 22 May but didn't comment on it.  I guess it didn't make much of an impression on me because I can't remember it now..lol  It must have been just okay.
Today I finished Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind.  It is by Alawar.  What a fantastic game this is!!!  It is a SE game but with all the CE features.  It has an iin-game strategy guide, collectibles and achievements, and the usual extras.  It's very long, 8 chapters in the main game, and once you complete the 8 chapters, you go on to 3 bonus chapters.  While playing you have to collect secret symbols, total is 35, but once you have collected 25 it opens up the Secret Room, which you play after finishing the bonus chapters.  The secret room isn't very long so not that big a deal, but the main game itself is long.  The graphics are fantastic, very sharp, and the gameplay is absorbing, it kept my interest all the way through but I did not play it in one sitting, I took a few nights to finish it.    
This is one game I would definitely recommend to anyone.  If you haven't tried the demo, try it and see if you like it.  It's set in England and voiceovers are very good.  It has lots of HOS and puzzles.

6/03/2014 1:34 pm  #109

Hello everybody.  Barre, I've never posted in this thread, but wanted you to know that I do read it and am glad you decided to keep posting.  There is always good information here.  I don't post because it seems that as soon as I play a game I forget the detail, but sometimes retain an impression of whether or not I liked it.  Guess CRS has really set in!  For example, I played Alex Hunter, but don't remember much about it.

I wanted the New Grim Facade:  A Wealth of Betrayal CE, but I did the demo and when the time was up and it kicked me off the game, it killed my GM and I had to reboot the computer to get it back.  I prefer CE's to SE's because I'm a sucker for the collectibles, achievements and extra game play.  I also often need the strategy guide!    I did play the new Awakening game and am sorry to say that I wasn't impressed.  No one thing I can put my finger on, just not my cup of tea, I guess.  Glad there was a sale.  I am playing Haunted Hotel:  Ancient Bane CE right now and am enjoying it.  Yes, there's a lot of back and forth, but the jump map and hint are excellent.  I just really like the spooky atmosphere.  The sound effects like creaking doors, etc. are right up my alley.  Plus, for me, it's a long game.  

I've done the betas for several Eipix games and am really looking forward to them.  I think the two that will be out first are the new Hidden Expidition and Dead Reckoning:  Silvermoon Isle.  I love the HE games and the beta of the new one was really good.  Dead Reckoning seems to be a new type of game for Eipix and was very interesting.

Barre, hope you don't mind my disorganized post in this thread!  Thanks again for continuing on.

Lady

6/03/2014 7:26 pm  #110

Hello Lady, thanks, glad to know you read my posts.  So nice to see you posting about games.  You are not disorganized at all, why would you think that?   You can write whatever you like in any way you like, there are no rules here.

I seldom buy CEs unles I absolutely love it, otherwise just the SE is good enough for me.  You say you played Awakening: Redleaf Forest CE and you don't like it? hmmm, I was thinking of getting the CE for that one because they say there's a bonus garden section where you can grow flowers, or something like that.  I did try the demo and thought it wasn't too bad.  I've never tried anay of the Haunted Hotel series so I didn't demo the latest one.  Neither did I try Grim Facade: A Wealth of Betrayal because I don't play ERS games anymore.  I have Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Diamond CE but have yet to play it.  I have way too many games in my stash waiting to be played. 
Right now I'm playing Mythic Wonders: The Philosophers Stone.  My schedule is to play my games in sequence from my purchase date, so I'm not playing any of the latest releases although I have bought them.

Regarding betas, I just got some from a wonderful friend who sent them to me.  They are 
Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow  (Orneon)
Thirst For Glory: Beyond Illusions  (Blam)
Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies  (Eipix)

I'm going to try them all and maybe I'll post later about them.  I love Eipix games but my new favorite is Mad Head Games.  I also like Blue Tea Games but theirs are few and far between.
Now I think I will also try Haunted Hotel: Ancient Bane since you mention that it's good.  I'll demo it tonight.

Last edited by barregar (6/03/2014 11:34 pm)

Board footera