Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2014 12:41 am  #91

Re: What are you playing?

I also tried Fantasy Quest, the new M3.  It's all about fairies and you'll see lots of them flying around. 3 modes of play: swap, chain, and group.  The fairies are trapped in bubbles and you make matches on the board to free them.  The icons are nothing fancy, just plain colored shapes.  There are 4 power-ups in the form of fairies in 4 diff. colors.  There are a total of 12 different locations, 10 levels each.  After finishing the first location, you have to do a jigsaw.

I didn't like the game that much.  Rather simple gameplay and I didn't really like the graphics.  I got bored after a while and exited.  

4/10/2014 9:02 pm  #92

I finished the demo for the new solitaire game, Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons and I absolutely LOVE it!!!  It does have a lot of voiceovers at the start and you can either listen to the story or just skip it.  It reminds me of Seven Seas Solitaire, one of my favorites.  I like the graphics and you can change the look of your cards, front and back.  It also has 3 other game modes, Zen, Tri-peaks, and can't remember the third one, but you can play those any time, or play the Story mode.  I'm getting this one for sure.  I do recommend it for all solitaire lovers.

4/13/2014 7:41 pm  #93

I finished Undiscovered (M3).  Some of the levels were challenging but fun.   Not a very pretty looking game, don't know why I got it but glad that it's finished.  Now I will concentrate on finishing Nevertales: The Beauty Within CE.

Going to get some games because this weekend is a BOGO sale and what I have been waiting for.  

4/13/2014 8:02 pm  #94

Am replaying Phantasmat CE.

Just love it !!!   graphics great as is storyline which is intriguing even after the (muffled response) time.

Has an option to play M3 instead of HO ....... and the music ....... haunting ...

A friend is a present you give yourself ...   

4/14/2014 7:00 pm  #95

Hi Orphaned, glad you're enjoying your games.  I never have a chance to replay them because I have too many in my backlog still to play.  Maybe when I catch up to all my games, then I'll replay some of them.  
It's only games like solitaire that I might play more than once because I love all solitaire games.  I just got the latest one, Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons so I'm looking forward to playing it later.

5/04/2014 1:00 pm  #96

Hi Govs, did you try the new Royal Envoy 3 CE?  It is offered only on Playrix website and only $2.95 for this weekend only....today is the last day.  I got the offer from their email.   This one is different from the other Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown, which I didn't buy, but I bought RE 3 CE today at the offer price.  I paid CAD 3.60 for it but you should get it for USD 2.95....such a good deal !!!!  It has both Timed and Relaxed mode, which I like.

ETA: Forgot to add that regular game has 80 levels on 11 islands, CE edition has 32 bonus levels and 4 islands, plus walkthrough, wallpapers, soundtrack, and introductory movie.

Last edited by barregar (5/04/2014 1:11 pm)

5/07/2014 10:29 am  #97

I finally finished Nevertales: The Beauty Within CE.  Actually I finished the main game a while ago, I just finished the bonus chapter plus the 3 hidden chapters.  What a marvellous game this is!!!!  Even the bonus chapters were fun to play and I loved every minute of it.  I managed to get all the roses and the morphs, but not all the achievements.  Mad Head Games have now become one of my fav. developers and I'm glad I got Cadenza CE....will save that as my desert game.  

I'm still halfway through Island Tribe 5.   The next HOG on my list to play is Whispered Secrets: Into the Beyond.

5/12/2014 5:28 pm  #98

Barre, I want to thank you for your reviews. Picked up Legends of Solitaire today. I like the one up one down card games.

Also got The Beardless Wizard and Fantasy Mosaics.

Think I will probably drop my subscription to BF soon. Just don't get that many games anymore. Probably got over 100 games last year there and maybe only 15-20 this year and even those I used credits on. 

5/12/2014 10:16 pm  #99

You're welcome, Govs.  I haven't been doing reviews lately, not that I don't try the games but I'm not typing my reviews here because nobody is interested.  May start again if I feel like it.

Glad you got Beardless Wizard.  I tried that demo and like it.  Will get it later with a pcc because I have enough TM games to play now, I've got Demigods, Gardens Inc 2, Northern Tale 3, and Royal Envoy 3 CE.....too many already.

Today I got Magic Heroes: Save Our Park (M3) with a pcc.

5/16/2014 12:05 am  #100

I just finished Island Tribe 5.  Glad it's over because I was getting tired of it.  I only liked the 2nd island which was underwater because it was something new, unlike the rest which were above ground and more of the same.  

Next TM on my list to play is Gardens Inc 2: The Road to Fame.  I read in the forums that Jojo had problems with this game so I thought I better play it to see if all goes smoothly for me.

I'm still playing Legends of Solitaire: Curse of the Dragons and enjoying it immensely.  I think solitaire is one of my fav. genres, it always keeps me wide awake and I have lots of fun with it.

The HOG I'm playing is still Whispered Secrets: Into the Beyond.  I hope to finish it tonight and move on to the next one.

I tried the demo for Mystika 2: The Sanctuary, a M3.  I like it, especially when we collect coins to upgrade the town.  The coins are also on the board so you collect them while making your matches, and also earn extra coins for completing the boards.  There are also HOS to play, in between the boards, and other mini-games too.  I like the variety so it's one for my Wishlist..

I tried two other M3 games, Magic Heroes: Save our Park, which has nice icons on the boards and also a town to build up.  Bought it with a pcc on Monday.  The other one, Tales of the Orient: Rising Sun is also a good one, with a town to build as well....looks like the same format for most of the M3s coming out nowadays.  Tales of the Orient has a feature whereby you can turn the boards to make matches, which is a good idea.    Goes on my Wishlist.

I've tried so many HOG demos that I can't remember the details now.  
I tried Tales from Dragon Mountain 2: The Lair which is an adventure game with very realistic graphics....I like it.  It reminded me of games like the Dream Chronicles series, which I absolutely loved.   Goes on Wishlist.
I tried Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond, a very good SE game with CE extras like collectibles and achievements.  Like it too.
I tried Phenomenon: Outcome and I am waiting for the SE because I don't think the CE is worth it.  It does have lovely graphics and I liked what I played of the demo.
I tried Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows CE.  I didn't like it as much as I liked the first one.  I won't be getting it because it's nothing special, it doesn't have the wow factor.  I seem to have lost interest in Elephant Games because of my frustration with their FTP, Midnight Castle, which is still giving me problems because it won't close when I finish playing it.  Have decided to no longer play MC.
Another game I tried, is Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune.  It is so whimsical and funny, and it has really easy puzzles to solve.  It is by Shaman Games.  It got mixed reviews because BF did not release the CE of the game so we can only save 2 frogs, not too sure about that, whereas the CE allows you to save all 4 frogs?  I think the CE is only available at Gamehouse.   
I tried Lost Souls: Timeless Fables CE and I love it.  I think I tried the beta of this game but initially it was called Lost Fables: Enchanted Books....guess they decided to change it.  You travel into the different books and I like that because you have different books with different stories and settings. You have a jump map and you need it to travel from one location to the next.  There are 5 books but the 5th one, Titanic, is locked and I suppose you can only go into it if you buy the CE?  That sucks so I'm not sure if I'm getting the SE or CE of this game.  
I tried Forgotten Books: Enchanted Crown CE by ERS.  It's not bad but I don't buy ERS games anymore so no comments.
I tried Black Rainbow, an adventure game.  I wanted to like it because I read some rave reviews about the game....alas, I was not happy with it and gave up quite early in the demo. I came across a puzzle which really annoyed me so decided not to continue further.

That's all, folks   Anyone else bought, or demoed, or played any games lately?  Care to share your views? 

Last edited by barregar (5/16/2014 12:07 am)

Board footera