Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2014 1:52 am  #1

Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' (FTP)

I'm also playing this one and I like it better than AK.  This is because the mini-games are more fun and we get collectibles in them.  I also prefer the auctions here.  I have way more money in this game than AK because if you play the M3 in the Tailor's Shop you can accumulate lots of money.
My code in this game is 926501 - barre,  if anyone wants to add me as a friend.

Right now I'm only at level 46.  I was a little angry with the Valentine's Day quests because I did not receive the last quest and therefore could not collect the reward for it...I only had 28/29 completed.  Now that the Valentine's Day quests are over, it is kinda boring.  Every day it's just 1 quest...usually to play a mini-game...that sucks.  Hoping they will open the Penny Arcade area soon.  I presume that will only happen either during the next holiday which is St Patrick's Day or Easter.

3/05/2014 10:39 am  #2

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' (FTP)

I have the daily quest and then I have two others that need a whole lot of stuff. I never seem to have enough nets . One needs me to open a mini and that takes either gold or buying some painting or something. Have to save up money for that I guess. 

Hopefully they will open up that one place soon. 

3/05/2014 10:48 am  #3

Govs, most of my minis are open.  Since I know what can be obtained in all the minis, there are some of mine which are still locked but I won't bother to open them because I don't really need the item in there.  

Did you buy any decorations during the sale on them?  I bought the seaplane and it was huge.  I also got banners everywhere and some gnomes.  Then I stopped buying because it's wasting money which can be used to buy more food.  During the food sale I bought a lot of pizzas for future use. Btw you do know the trick for making more money at the tailor's shop, right? 

3/05/2014 11:44 am  #4

Oh I maxed out on the 2nd one at the tailor shop so get 3,000 every time. Out of thread right now though. I got several mac and cheese and have over 1500 in energy . Takes forever to fill up. Will be a long time before I upgrade the jeep. 

Only got some outdoor stuff during one of the valentines quest. Not any on the sale. Need one more I think to get an achievement. 

3/05/2014 8:12 pm  #5

Govs, whenever I play that 2nd one which gives 3040 each time, I will use a keepsake that doubles the coins earned, so I get 6080.  That way it doesn't take me long to earn over 160,000 coins in 30 mins, more or less.

I did get several mac and cheese too, and my max energy is also over 1500.  I still have mac and cheese in my inventory, saving it for later.  I bought more pizzas than mac and cheese because I figured 2 pizzas = 1 mac and cheese so, in my opinion, pizzas are better.  I'd rather be able to max twice then to add 30 energy points plus max.  I did not upgrade the truck at all....too expensive and not worth it.

Last edited by barregar (3/05/2014 8:14 pm)

3/09/2014 5:10 pm  #6

The game is not as much fun anymore because I only get 1 quest a day, and usually just to play a mini game.  Boomzap did say that they will give us a Spring update and I'm hoping it comes quickly....I can't wait to get rid of all that snow.  

I can't get rid of my Valentine's Day balloons, I don't mind the banners.  I've only customized 2 places and I'm waiting till the snow is gone before doing another 3 so that I can get the achievement.  

I've been doing okay in the auctions....most of my items sell at the buyout price.   I usually check what others are selling them for, then I price mine lower.  Some of them price it ridiculously high, so I like to make mine cheaper to give people a chance to obtain the item.  Maybe that's why whenever I put my item up for auction, it sells almost instantly.

3/13/2014 8:51 pm  #7

Govs and Hope, did you update your ART game today?  Lots of new things in the game.  The snow is almost gone, Spring is here and you can see all the buildings clearly.  The best thing is that when you play all the mini games, it will give you the collectible every time.  I don't know if it's just for today but I will be playing all the mini games tonight, as much as I can, so that I get all the items that I have been missing for so long, the unattainable ones.  
Hope you both are enjoying the game.  

ETA: forgot to mention that lots of new quests are turning up now.  We can now open the locked area in the firehouse, and it's not stuck at one mode any longer.  They fixed it.

Last edited by barregar (3/13/2014 8:53 pm)

3/15/2014 1:00 am  #8

@Govs, are you getting the Sale banner and is the sale only for the Bundles, or is the sale also for the Food and Keepsakes?  In my game, I am only seeing the sale for the Bundles, but I have read that other people have the sale banner in 4 categories.  Why am I not seeing that?  Would appreciate if you could tell me what is showing in your game.

3/15/2014 2:16 am  #9

I'm getting  a sales banner for bundles, food and keepsakes. I did do the updates yesterday and like that it looks like spring is coming.

3/15/2014 8:16 pm  #10

Hi Hope, thanks for your feedback.  I'm still seeing only sale on bundles.  I'm pissed.  I want to buy more food and keepsakes.  I don't understand why the sale is different for everyone.

Board footera