Gaming Friends

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2014 7:51 am  #1

Three Letter String

This is a game I brought to BFG from another forum.  First poster puts up three letters.  Second poster puts up five words, usiing those three letters in the same order, anywhere in the word, and posts another three letters for the next person.  Make sure the letters you post will make a reasonable number of words.  If you want to see how it works, PF has this thread in the word games.  I'll start for us:

POL

politics
polemic
pollution
Interpol
polytechnic

SAP

Men tend to fall into two categories - those who are dying every time they sneeze and those who are in total denial - not sure which is worse!     

6/08/2014 7:10 pm  #2

Re: Three Letter String

think this one is a bit over our heads Newto!

6/09/2014 5:30 am  #3

Funny Lion I thought it was just me  xx

6/09/2014 6:02 am  #4

You all are a bunch of cowards!!  LMAO

Men tend to fall into two categories - those who are dying every time they sneeze and those who are in total denial - not sure which is worse!     

6/09/2014 7:24 am  #5

Sapphire
Sapanwood
Sapheads
Saponious
Sapling

MAO

6/09/2014 11:52 am  #6

Well, done, Lion, except that there are no words which begin with or end with the combination you have posted.  How do you expect me to go further in this thread?

6/09/2014 11:56 am  #7

Oops...thought we just posted whatever letters we wanted?   Never was good with written instructions!  Can you do the letters again?  Since I am no good at this!

6/09/2014 6:12 pm  #8

OK.  Here is a combination that will work:  SON

Try this:  Go to a search ending and feed to it "words with XXX in them."  You will usually see several links you can use.  We've always played that there should be a minimum of 100 words listed, so as to make it easier for the next poster.  I hope this info is helpful.  Failing all else, let the thread die a "natural death" and it will eventually fall to the end of the line.

6/09/2014 6:22 pm  #9

Um....greek to me...how about this?  

Grandson
Lamps on  (cheater, I know)
Arson
Bison
Crimson

T L E  (Better Newto)

6/10/2014 1:11 pm  #10

giggles   x